Sunday, May 07, 2006

 

Words Don't Matter

Desperately trying to avoid political comment, mostly because I find it enormously depressing to even engage the subject, in times that I believe are truly taking a turn toward the desperate, but were you aware that we are currently almost five years into World War III?

In reply to a statement by David Beamer, whose son Todd died in Flight 93, and who described those events in the Wall Street Journal as "our first successful counter-attack in our homeland in this new global war, World War III," I give you the words of our president:

"I believe that. I believe that it was the first counter-attack to World War III."

Kinda puts the whole thing in perspective to think that you can be five years into a World War and not even be aware of it. Either that, or I'm just dense. Always a possibility. It would certainly explain a few things.

Comments:
BTW: in light of this startling news, two things:

First, I think I'd really like a counter for the sidebar that tells us how many days into WWIII we are, but I don't have tech chops for shit, so anyone who knows how to actually create such a thing, please do get in touch. Second, I would like to remind everyone of this piece: http://tchitcherine2.blogspot.com/2004/08/more-unpacking-cocksuckers-for-peace.html
as well as of the fact that, yes, I am quite willing to enter negotiations to perform it.

It's amazing just how liberated KNOWING what's going on is making me feel. The real pity is, I fear the man's right for once.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?