Friday, September 03, 2004

 

For anyone who didn't catch it...

I must confess, I have not been a terribly keen observer of American media for a loooong time...so while I know who Ted Koppel is, I have never seen, though have often heard the name of, Jon Stewart. If I stumbled off the plane tomorrow and tried to go out for a beer with my mates back home, I would probably be mired in pop culture references within the first five minutes. I haven't owned a television in over 9 years. The internet, and what I catch in passing, IS my media.

And yet, I have an extreme interest in media affairs.

Which is why I feel it necessary to offer you, anyone who is reading this, this exchange between Ted Koppel and Jon Stewart, which I think gets to the real heart of the matter, in the oddest way possible.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?